Friday 8 July 2011

My First Month at Cedar Point

In the blink of an eye, I’ve already spent slightly more than a month in Cedar Point, America’s rockin’ Roller Coast. I can hardly believe that I’ve been living the American dream right here in Sandusky, Ohio.

And I’m ashamed to admit that I’ve abandoned (or neglected) my initial ambitious agenda of documenting my entire “Cedar-Point experience”. My only excuse is that I’ve been really, really, really busy with my job as a ride host, and I have barely enough time to eat, sleep, and hang out with my friends. Therefore, squirreling away all alone in my room to write about my life was really one of the last things on my mind. You’ll have to forgive me alright? Because if you don’t, I probably won’t write anymore… who am I kidding? I love writing!

Anyway, I’ll love to give you the low-down about how I spent my first month in Cedar Point:

Rides I Have Checked Out

  • Ocean motion
  • Sky ride
  • Raptor
  • Blue streak
  • Dodgem
  • Wildcat
  • Iron dragon
  • CP & LE railroad
  • Mantis
  • Cedar creek mine ride
  • Maverick
  • Gemini
  • Magnum XL-200
  • Top thrill dragster
  • Power tower
  • Wicked twister
  • Giant wheel
  • Disaster transport
  • Early petting farm

A Brief Summary of My Current Life

  • Weekly trips to Wal-mart for groceries
  • Working 6 days a week at the railway for 10-hours a day
  • Wrestling with bad internet connection
  • Chatting my roommate Cherlyn into the wee hours of the night
  • Having an average of 5 hours of sleep a day
  • Anticipating my next paycheck

Events, Events, Events!

  • Meeting Stefan of Bulgaria
  • Coping with my friends’ reactions to Stefan
  • Coping with Stefan’s reaction to my friends’ reactions to him
  • Grove City Premium outlet mall Trip where I spent 235USD (mom, I’ll pay you back once I get home)
  • 3rd July: working to 1 am on the train (was pretty freaky because the ride was pitch-black)
  • 4th July fireworks at the beach
  • Soak City after 4th July party with Martina (a fellow Bulgarian otaku)
  • Niagara falls trip with Stefan

No comments: