Wednesday 9 June 2010

Goodbye Prague Day 2



A visit to the Czech Senate and the Wallenstein Garden, next to metro station Malostranska.

Will bite if you touch me!

Statue of a satyr, who according to JC is one who's sexual appetite is insatiable ><
Hey! We saw this guy in Stockholm!

I'm guessing that satyrem = satyr? And according to googletranslate, I'm correct!



The Czech Senate!


Wow... the architecture is amazing!

The Wallenstein Garden, part of Wallenstein Palace complex, is Italian style baroque garden of Albrecht of Wallenstein. It contains copies of sculptures of Adrian de Vries, carved in the 1920s after originals which were taken away by the Swedes in 1648 and can now be seen in the Royal Garden of the Drottningholm Castle. Part of garden is the Secret or Secluded Garden with the dripstone wall. There is Salla Terrena in the Wallenstein Garden with frescoes by Baccio del Bianco, and it is used for theatrical performances and concerts.


Very interesting part of the Wallenstein Garden is the one called The Secret or Secluded Garden. It is dominated by artificial dripstone rock, on which frogs, snakes, lions, monsters and grotesquely formed faces could be recognized.

This secretive and mysterious area is strong contrast to other, wide open and green parts of the Wallenstein Garden.

= Eagle owl
Due to my camera's poor resolution, you can't see the owls. But I swear that they were in the picture! You've just gotta look harder! ><




Female peacock :)
Gorgeous male peacock



Then JC brought us to a street called Nerudova.

Nerudova (Royal Way or Kings Road) is the historic street linking Prague Castle to Charles Bridge, via the Lesser Town (Mala Strana).

Nerudova is named after the 19th century Czech writer and journalist Jan Neruda.

This charming street is characterised by ancient burgher houses, mostly now transformed into quaint hotels, restaurants and small shops.

House numbering is a relatively recent innovation in Prague. In olden times, it was usual to distinguish buildings with house signs above the main door. Nerudova offers plenty of fine examples of this, such as a house near the bottom of the street, called the Three Little Fiddles; aptly named as the home to a family of violin makers around 1700. Another fine example is the house of the Two Suns, which used to be Neruda's home.






And something that Dad and Kellie might be familiar with.








We stalked this tour group to listen to their excellent tour guide (she's the one in red) explain the many stories behind the St. Vitus Cathedral. I'm pretty sure that they were Americans.

Our conce

My first sextet concert! I was so excited!!!

The ambiance was out of this world... who could have known that a museum that looked so stoic on the outside could be this beautiful on the inside?

It was raining... it was really pouring outside, but the show must go on!
I was seating on the steps but I couldn't have been any happier... the music was amazing!

After the concert, the musicians bowed and exited the stage... within my heart lingered a deep mesmerizing attraction for the violin soloist. His playing was intense and passionate!

An interesting door... could it lead to another universe? Actually, it was just an exhibit.

Clearing up the "seats" that were placed on the steps.

Bravo! Très bien!!!
It was still raining after the concert ended. But I had promised to meet a friend! And so I ran in the rain to the nearest metro station, I was wet but I was happy. I think that I'm in love... with classical music!
My friend... he looks like he can play the violin. Haha... isn't your violin a little too small?

I used to play the violin... did you know?

The most amazing thing! I mustered up the courage to ask the violin soloist for his signature! I will treasure this memory :D



No comments: