Tuesday 18 May 2010

My Prince & I


Last night just before bedtime, I read a famous novella by Antione Saint-Exupéry: The Little Prince.

It seems that I had chanced upon this book many years before this night. However, I vaguely remember reading it in Chinese. It had been quite a painful read for me in my childhood as I could not understand the underlying messages hidden in the author's words.

Now, it seems that I have forgotten how to be a child, and have been striving, with blind effort towards what one would call a "sensible" adulthood. Have we all forgotten our inner child? When was the last time you truly laughed? And I don't mean the false laughter at a bad joke, or the polite laughter to assure someone that you're truly enjoying his company... I ask you sincerely, when was the last time when you truly laughed? When did you last feel as free as a bird? When was the last time when you felt that you didn't have a care in the world? :))

The truth is, I can't remember. Perhaps, I have forgotten the truly important things in life, and I am now overly and unnecessarily "concerned with matters of consequence", as the author would remark.

I will now try to find my inner child :))

No comments: